Saturday, January 23, 2010

Self-advocacy

This past week, when my mentor was making a lot of changes to the speech that another intern and I were writing for the upcoming Youth Town Meeting, I was confused on a couple of things she asked me to change. Thankfully we communicate very well so when I repeatedly asked what she meant by that, I wasn't afraid of sounding ignorant. Because I asked that a lot. I thought it would be necessary, though, and it was, because we ended up with a great speech, shortened to two pages, which we then presented at opening of the Youth Town Meeting to tremendous fanfare and critical acclaim. Thank you, thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Sam,
    Sounds like your having a ton of fun at your internship! It's great to know that your using your self advocacy skills and improving them. Have fun for the rest of your internship and good luck!

    Sincerely,
    Leslie and Virginia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I saw that speech! congrats--

    ReplyDelete