Friday, January 29, 2010

POL 2

What qualities or characteristics did you see in the people around you that you want to develop yourself? Why?

It's an incredible environment here at the Institute for Peace & Justice and at WorldLink. Everyone is respectful of everyone else as we all push for Peace and Justice in our own ways. At WorldLink, we strive to make youth aware of the problems our world faces. One main characteristic I would like to emulate is support. Everyone here supports each other. For the Youth Town Meeting, which was WorldLink's event, everyone at the IPJ came together to make it happen. They all poured support into the losgistics and running of the YTM, and it turned out great because of everyone's support. We all respect each other's departments, projects, and programs because we know they're all great ways of making the world a better place, inspiring people to make a difference, and directly aiding those who need help.

What new questions has my internship inspired me to ask about our world? What has it made me wonder about? What am I moved to go out and do or learn about on my own time?

Seeing that there is so much struggle in the world and so many people going through poverty, my internship has made me wonder why there isn't more of an outreach from everyone who is able to help the world in some way. At the same time, it's made me realize that there's a TON of effort by many people to better the lives of others and bring peace to the world. Many people in San Diego do this in greatly different ways. So I am moved to continue the struggle for peace and justice in a vaiety of different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment